Last week we all learned about the single deke which involves a simple fake to one side, and then beating the player on the other side. Sometimes the player does not bite on your first fake, so you might need to toss in a second one, that is where the double deke comes in! In this video I show you how to do the double deke, what you will need to practice to perfect the move, and when the best time is to use it. One situation I forgot to mention in the video is to use this move to split the D. If there are two defencemen you skate to the center of them, fake towards one, then fake towards the other, then bust through both of them, it doesn’t work every time but I have pulled it off a few times.
Double Deke Video
In This Video
- Fake to one side, fake to the other side, then beat the player on the side you faked to originally
- To make it really convincing toss in a head fake and shoulder fake
- You can modify the move by really selling it, or just moving the puck quickly to one side, to the other, then back to the other side.
- Good lateral puck movement is VERY important, so practice at home with your green biscuit and your hockey shooting pad
- Make sure you start the move early enough to keep out of the players stick zone and avoid the poke check
- The best time to use this move is while the player is coming at you, or stopped or skating slowly backwards
Latest posts by Jeremy Rupke (see all)
- Call your friends – Pond Hockey Tourney Jan 23rd - December 2, 2014
- Super Shooter Review – A Net for Serious Training - November 23, 2014
- Top 10 gift ideas for hockey players – 2014 edition - November 5, 2014