This page will feature hockey training products and reviews of hockey products, we will regularly add reviews and products that will help you improve your game.
Hockey Products we Recommend
- Hockey Net – Ez-goal $99.95 at Hockeyshot.com
- We did a review of the EZ goal fold up hockey net and found it was a quality net for the price. This is likely the best net you will get for around $100. With a hard shot (over 70MPH) you will be able to dent the posts, but I have had the net for a year now and it still holds up. The posts have a lot of dents from my 100 slapshot a day phase, but the net is still standing and I am still shooting on it. If you want to buy a hockey net and see our video review visit our EZ goal hockey net review
- A Big Ol’ Net – $32.99 on Amazon.com
- My big chunk of netting has come in handy a few times. When I first got a house I didn’t have anywhere to shoot so I just strung my big net up in between two trees and blasted pucks into it. I finally got a hockey net and put it away.
The problem was my hockey net quickly got holes in it, so I just draped my big piece of netting over the back, problem solved
- Now I have moved and have a bigger area to shoot at my net, but I noticed even with the backstop I still had the odd puck get away from me. Big piece of net to the rescue, I strung it up between a tree and a post and voila, problem solved (that’s my net to the right)
- The link above is not the same net I got, I ordered mine from a local shoe lace / net factory when I was about 15 years old, but it looks like the netting I linked to is similar in size and quality.
- Hockey Shooting Pad – $89.95 and up at Hockeyshot.com
- If you are practicing for hockey one training aid that is a MUST HAVE is a shooting pad. With a good sized pad you can practice your shooting and stickhandling whenever you want. I highly recommend the roll-up shooting pad and if you want something smaller then check out the hockey shooting pad review
- Green Biscuit $12.95 at Hockeyshot.com (get a few, they are great!)
- I have reviewed a lot of off-ice pucks and the only one that I really liked was the Green Biscuit, it is far better than any other off-ice puck because it slides without flipping up and rolling around. I use the Green biscuit all the time on rough surfaces, and I always use them on the shooting pads to practice stickhandling. I definitely recommend this product and suggest you buy a few at a time to save on shipping. If you want to buy one, and see our full review visit our Green Biscuit review page.
- Radar Gun – $139.95 on Hockeyshot Use our coupon code to save $10! (coupon code in left sidebar)
- I love this radar gun. It has helped me tweak all my shots and quickly add about 5-10 MPH to each of my shots. The Radar gun helped me recognize a few bad habits I had and then change them. I would go out on a daily basis and try new things to see if it helped or hurt my speed. The gun allowed me to discover new ways to get more power, and a few things I was doing wrong that was hurting my shot.
- Currently Hockey Shot has the best price on this radar gun (better than ebay and Amazon). You can use our coupon code in the left sidebar to save $10 as well. If you would like to learn more about the radar gun check out our hockey radar gun review
Latest posts by Jeremy Rupke (see all)
- How to Work on Your Shot Inside (without breaking stuff!) - June 3, 2013
- Advanced shooting training – toe shots, changing the release point, shooting in stride - May 24, 2013
- NEW: iSnipe Hockey Shooting Trainer App - May 12, 2013