Hockey Sticks are for Scoring goals NOT this!

disgrace to hockey, hockey stick hit to head

by Jeremy Rupke on April 6, 2011

Hey, this is sort of an impulse post but after watching this video I am really disgusted and feel I need to share this with other hockey players. In this video a hockey player attacks another hockey player with his stick. Let me get one thing straight THAT IS NOT HOCKEY. A hockey stick should NEVER be used to hurt another player. If you EVER think about hitting another player with your stick PLEASE just drop the stick on the ice so you won’t be tempted. What would happen if you killed another player, or severely injured them? It could happen and it’s just not worth it, so please just vow never to hit another player with your stick. Sticks are for making passes, scoring goals, and riding on after your score ;)

Disgrace to Hockey

pass the puck

Pass the puck share on Twitter or Facebook

Looking for more hockey tips?

Sign up to our newsletter for more tips, more videos, discounts on hockey training aids, and updates on new ways to improve your game

Latest posts by Jeremy Rupke (see all)

Gary April 7, 2011 at 6:24 pm

What a discusting act of a coward! For LIFE is what the punishment should be. Playing full contact with him would be short and sweet.

Tim April 7, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Wow. That guy should get beat down. Stuff like this is why the NHL should’ve suspended Chris Simon for life.

Craig April 7, 2011 at 8:58 am

That Kid should never be allowed to play hockey ever again, he should be barred from the sport

Samantha April 7, 2011 at 7:32 am

Oh my goodness! He broke the stick right over that guy’s helmet!! I am so glad the guy was OK!!

Let’s hope he got suspended and sent to some kind of anger management or therapy. After all, unless he is a sociopath, which few people really are, he probably feels terrible that he lost such control and also very very embarrassed that this is getting so much attention.

And that can be a very good thing if it sparks him to get help.

These are all just kids, after all, so I am hoping they will ALL turn out to be excellent young men and fine players.

Alejandro April 7, 2011 at 1:43 am

Damn, good thing the stick caught him in the shoulder pad, this is just stupid behaviour. I’m not even a fan of throwing punches, this just made me gag…

John April 6, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I think everybody else said it all…what a disgrace to a great sport. That is assault with a weapon and he should be charged for it.

Robert April 6, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I vow to NEVER do that.

Jeremy April 6, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Those refs are idiots for breaking it up (imo)… if I were reffing that game I would have let the other team have at him!

Lil le magnifique April 6, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I understand the place of fighting in hockey, but to use your stick like that is just wrong. A real fighter will drop his gloves and stick, and if he’s wearing a full cage take his helmet off too. The guy that did this is a disgrace to the game.

Greg April 6, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Yea, sometimes I see people in rec/bush leagues thinking every game is the 7th game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs and get carried away. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with being competitive and showing passion, but this is just plain disgusting. Chill out bro.

Jeffizzle April 6, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Holy moly… he shouldn’t be allowed to play ever again.

Cassius April 6, 2011 at 6:34 pm

As it was said before– how awful! As a player and a referee, I would have went after the violator like nobody’s business. Not to escalate the fight but to get him off the ice… for good!

How fortunate that the victim was wearing a helmet and didn’t get severely hurt! Nevertheless, it doesn’t make this act okay. Imagine baseball players doing the same thing–uff– it’s brutal whether protective gear is used or not!

Ray April 6, 2011 at 4:26 pm

He should be banned for life and the team he plays for looks like they all have different sweaters. I wonder if this idiot was a guest player. If that is the case then the whole team should be punished, sorry but this could have ended very badly and tragically with a fatality.

Neil April 6, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Not only disguting but completely cowardly…. Players like this completely disrespect the game of hockey… He should be banned from hockey…. That play was a disgrace

Glad to see the player was ok.

Sana April 6, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Oh my god! I can’t believe a kid would do that. he should be suspended from the season. That is not the way a stick should be treated.

Wow, that was just disgusting.

Caelan April 6, 2011 at 3:19 pm

i cant believe that he even got up after getting hit with that stick!!!!

Justin April 6, 2011 at 2:32 pm

That is disgusting. When playing hockey, there’s always that moral respect and code you should follow. One of those is never to use your stick to hurt! That guy needs to be punished!

Ryan April 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm

That was just disgusting. Good thing the player who got hit appears to be OK.
What the rec league players need to do is press charges on incidents like this.
Rec leagues have little power but to issue suspensions, which really doesn’t punish idiots like this.

Chris S April 6, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I can’t believe any of his teammates even tried to protect him after that!!! I would have let everyone on the ice take a shot. No place in hockey for that kind of stupidity.I agree with the above comment banned from every rink (ice or roller) for life.

Coach MikeV April 6, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Idiots like this should not be allowed to enter any rink. This is why hockey is not as popular as it should be.

I was very happy to see the other player get back up and was equally happy to see the other team go after him.