If you want to become a better hockey player you are in the right spot. We are always adding great hockey tips to this blog. We add tips that will help hockey players improve their skating, shooting, stickhandling and deking as well as tips for nutrition and work-outs. We know the internet is a wild confusing place so we are doing our best to keep you organized! This is why we have made it very easy for you to stay in touch with us.

Don’t miss another hockey tip, skill video, or promotion !

The best way to subscribe to our blog is to join our list. Just put in your name and email and we will send you a weekly wrap-up of any tips, videos or other great hockey related stuff we post on the blog.

Other Ways to Connect!

We really want a good connection with our readers. If you write a comment on this blog, comment on a youtube video, or send an email we will respond to you. We also share tips on other sites like twitter and facebook. Each social media website offers something different, so if you have an account why not join us!

Click the buttons below to see our hockey tip videos on youtube, check out our facebook fanpage, or see what we are tweeting about on twitter!
Subscribe to our youtube hockey pageSubscribe to our twitter hockey tips pageSubscribe to our facebook hockey page

If you are hip with the internet jibe you can subscribe in an RSS reader, or by RSS to email. RSS by email is delivered by feedburner and sends an email any time we post something to the blog. We plan on adding daily hockey tips so if you want a weekly summary, use the box above. If you want to know about every post, right away than subscribe with RSS as well

The following two tabs change content below.

Latest posts by Jeremy Rupke (see all)

Justin July 9, 2013 at 12:03 am

Hi Jeremy,
I started playing hockey when I was 6 or 7 and played through my junior year of high school. I played mostly center and right wing. After a 10 year break, I started playing in a local pick-up league about 2 months ago. I’m starting to feel comfortable on my edges again but I really need to re train myself on some of the shooting and stick handling fundimentals

Natalie March 2, 2013 at 11:11 am

Hi, I’ve played boys hockey all my life since I was 6. I play for REP almost every year except for first year atom. I used to play defenceman, until my coach said I wasn’t competitive enough, so he switched me to a forward. No body understood the sudden change when I’ve really played defence all my life. I’ve never played forward, but I have some clue to it by watching my teammates play. I am too hesitant when it comes to forward, because I’m afraid their expectations for playing a REP foward in Bantam, are too high. What I really need though however I think, is to learn how to get the puck to the net-all that dangling and stuff. My skating is well, but it’s difficult to out skate them in a Bantam level when they can bodycheck you.

Jeremy Rupke March 3, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Hi Natalie, you can start by reading my article on the role of a winger in hockey. This should give you a good idea of what your roles and responsibilities are. Don’t be afraid to be aggressive when you are on the ice, every body on the ice has a job and you need to make sure you are doing yours. I know if you have played defense your entire life you will be temped to fall back into the defensive position, but remember there are already two defensemen on the ice, so you need to play your position.

Your basic job is to make sure you get the puck out of your own end, you do this by guarding the other teams defensemen and making sure if the puck comes up your side of the ice you get it first and then move it out of your end. Your other main job is in the offensive zone. You will either be digging in the corner or battling in front of the net. When battling remember to use your legs! They are the most powerful muscles in your body, so get low and push with your legs. If you want to get the puck to the net, protect it with your body, push with your legs and when you have an opening get a shot.

Hank Rodio January 11, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Yo Jeremy – It’s Hank from NJ. Yo – you make learning fun. I’m goin to
How to Hockey every chance I get and putting your comon sense
and fun approach to learning to work – Thanks ! Hank

Nate October 7, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Hey Jeremy, this is Nate, i subscribed to your emails and blog. i was wondering if you had any tips on being a center men because i really want to play center but i want to learn the positioning and the tricks to being a great center. thank you so muc

Jeremy October 9, 2012 at 9:41 am

Hey Nate, I have already emailed you but just in case anyone else is reading your comment I have an article for the role of a centermen here http://howtohockey.com/the-role-of-a-centerman-in-hockey

ted April 24, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Hi Jeremy, I have been playing hockey for two years one year of house ( didn’t win one game) and this past year AA bantum ( second best in kansas missouri and Arkansas out of 12 teams). Your vidios have helped me just as much if not more then any coach I have had. Your ” Cheat sheet” helped me alot but it would be nice if you put out a few vidios about hockey sence but even more so boddy checking. This upcoming year I am trying out for a few AAA U16 teams and would appreaciate any advice you may have.

MIHLALI February 28, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Hi, I am a township girl, can you please help! me, i want to introduce hockey at my place……now i dont know where to start…… plz help. Start with the team number of players, positioning of players and how is it played.

Mike December 11, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Jeremy I play bantam aa and high school. I usually have good games but i recently had a bad game and i cant get it out of my mind. What do you do to get a bad game out of your head

Patrick August 9, 2011 at 5:25 am

hey,jeremie i was wondering if you have any older league like peewee,bantam ish cause im 2nd year peewee and i really like youre ‘site :) thx

micheal May 2, 2011 at 10:23 pm

if you have a square toe hockey stick is it possible u can make it round ???

Jeremy May 3, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Not to sure about that, I hear a square toe is better for toe drags, but it shouldn’t make too much of a difference. Just use it until you break the stick, and grab a round toe.

Ben April 20, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I love how to hockey I got the green biscut and I can deke better please make more deke of the weeks

sahil patel April 6, 2011 at 9:38 pm

hey jeremy im a right winger and i really want to master some dekes
but for some reason i just dont have enough ice time. and it would be really great if you could give some tips on doing the “under the stick deke” because whenever i do the deke im super slow and need tis to improve
thank you so MUCH!!!!!

Jeremie March 8, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Hey,LIKE THE SITE & TIPS, i’m on my first season of hockey(bantam house), and we haven’t won a game in the entire year, its not because we aren’t good, its because the other teams are way better and we can’t compete. Anyways, I am center and i have a couple of difficulties; I cant keep up with the opponents, the play is way too quick and I have some difficulties in taking the face-off and also in my positioning because i’m never at the right place for rebounds or pases. I just need some tips so i can improve on my positioning and face-offs. thank you

Jeremie March 8, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Hey, i’m on my first season of hockey(bantam house), and we haven’t won a game in the entire year, its not because we aren’t good, its because the other teams are way better and we can’t compete. Anyways, I am center and i have a couple of difficulties; I cant keep up with the opponents, the play is way too quick and I have some difficulties in taking the face-off and also in my positioning because i’m never at the right place for rebounds or pases. I just need some tips so i can improve on my positioning and face-offs. thank you

Jordan January 24, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Just starting to get into playing hockey (though have been a fan of the sport for years). LOVE the site! Extremely helpful for a beginner who understands the big pitcher but few of the nuances/skills.
Great variety of articles/videos. Any thought to posting an article on a center’s responsibilites, similar to the one for wingers you have up?

chris December 23, 2010 at 2:07 am

why dont you put any goalie articles in here

Jeremy December 23, 2010 at 11:49 am

We need a goalie to write the articles :D

keigan November 13, 2010 at 2:10 pm

i am pretty soild but when it comes to those bigger and thicker guys

Keigan November 13, 2010 at 2:08 pm

heyyy Jeremy, iam 13 and i play bantamm AA i am tieded for first for pionts but my only problem is i need to be a little more soild on the ice i mena like so i can take the hits better and stay on my feet. i am 5’5 130 pounds.

Carson de Jong September 12, 2010 at 9:41 am

why don’t you have tips for the snapshot. I need to get better at my snapshot.

Jeremy September 13, 2010 at 12:15 am

Hi Carson, thanks for your comment. We started the site last winter and tried to get as much info up as possible. Now that the hockey season is starting up again we will be sure to get an article and video up about the snapshot!

Jeremy

Aumkaaran Thedshanamoorthy July 7, 2010 at 6:24 pm

you guys are awesome!

Frank Ouellette June 20, 2010 at 2:54 am

Bonjour!
We are located in Victoriaville Quebec and we are inovating in both on ice and off-ice training. We cliniquehockey.com are looking for new ideas to get kids enjoy training and improve there game. We are looking for sponsors….. Are you in?