Every hockey player loves to score! For newer players getting that first goal can be a real challenge, and for some experienced players they can get in slumps. Other players might find the back of the net the odd time, but then wonder why they can’t score more goals. In this video I am going to share a secret with you (as well as a few fun drills).
What All Good Goal Scorers do! (and why)
So how can you score more goals in hockey?
- Go to the net
- Tip pucks that come your way
- Hunt for rebounds, jump on them quickly!
- Shoot when you get in the high percentage scoring areas
I have been playing hockey for a long time, and I have a knack for scoring goals. Last season after a hatrick I was reflecting on my goals on the ride home. I soon realized none of the goals were because of any sort of skill. I didn’t have any bar-down snipes, or sweet dangles. Every single goal was a tap-in, or me shoveling the puck past the line. I got each goal because I went to the net! I realized that I still could have the hatrick that night without even knowing how to shoot the puck or stickhandle.
Thanks for reading! If you like this article and video please share with the tools below. You can also subscribe to our blog to get updates and improve your game and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Latest posts by Jeremy Rupke (see all)
- The Goal Scorers Secret - July 9, 2014
- Why you should play sports other than hockey - June 25, 2014
- A Story of True Sportsmanship in Hockey – Every player can learn from this - June 23, 2014