I had the chance to be on the ice with a couple NHL players this summer. I took the chance to record a lot of videos which I am slowly editing and will be releasing soon. A lot of the videos will be on TurksSnipers.com first, as I’m helping NHL shooting coach Tim Turk create an online shooting course.
The video below is a quick clip I shot on my cell phone, but I wanted to break it down and share some insight into how a pro shoots, and hopefully it will help you improve your shot.
Takeaways from the video
- When accepting a pass, show your blade and create a space to catch the puck.
- Every good shot should start with a push from the legs
- You’re creating a chain reaction, aim for explosive power
- Create space with your hands for a powerful release
- Open the front foot for increased power and accuracy
- Proper arm motion in the wrist shot