Practicing your shot can get a bit old if you are shooting on a regular basis, so I made a video showing a few drills that will make shooting a bit more fun. These drills are meant to test your accuracy, and also give you a goal to try to beat. I have embedded the video below, and underneath the video I have summed up the drills and also have a link to a shot log that you can download and use.
Drills to Improve your Shooting Accuracy
Download – Download the shot log sheet to keep track of your best times and best accuracy for each day
- Around the World Drill ( perfect)
- The goal of this drill is to hit all four targets in four shots. If you miss one you need to start over until you go 4 for 4
- Around the World
- With this drill you see how many shots it takes you to hit all for targets, say it takes you 7 shots. Now that is your milestone and you goal is to hit all 4 targets in less shots.
- Around the World (multiple)
- With this drill you can hit each target 3 times, or 4, times or 5 times etc, or go “around the world” multiple times. See how many shots it hit all four targets 5 times, or see if you can go 8 for 8, or 12 for 12!
- Time Trial
- With the time trial you time how long it takes you to hit all four targets, then try to beat your time. You can use a time trial for any accuracy drill
- Rocket Drill
- Pick a target and try to hit it 10 times, shooting as HARD as you can
Improve your Shooting Accuracy
Here are some old videos I did with tips to improve your Shooting Accuracy
Shooting for the top corners
Tips for shooting low
Improve your slapshot accuracy
If you want an Ez Goal check out my EZ goal review
Latest posts by Jeremy Rupke (see all)
- How to do the Mohawk Turn - April 12, 2013
- Winning Thoughts – How to Create a Winning Culture - April 5, 2013
- How To Do the Datsyukian Deke - March 23, 2013